Celebrate Recovery is all about helping each other stay on a healthy path. Not using the past as an excuse for continuing in our hurts, hang-ups and habits.
We meet every Friday in the Cornerstone fellowship hall. 6:00 PM for Food and Fellowship. 7:00 PM for lesson, testimonies and small groups.
Call Cornerstone Church for more information (918-786-6164).
Bill Arbuckle – Men’s Director.
Charlene Dodson – Women’s Director
Something Worth Celebrating
We’ve all hurt ourselves. We’ve all hurt other people, and others have hurt us. This means each of us needs repentance and recovery in order to live our lives the way God intended.
What we need is a biblical and balanced program to help people overcome their hurts, habits and hang-ups. Celebrate Recovery is that program. Based of the words of Jesus rather than theories, this program is more effective to help people change than anything else.
- Based on God’s Word, the Bible. When Jesus taught the Sermon on the Mount, He began by stating eight ways to be happy. Today we call them the Beatitudes.
- Forward Looking. Rather than wallowing in the past, Celebrate Recovery focuses of the future. Regardless of what has already happened, the solution is to start making wise choices now.
- Emphasizes Personal Responsibility. This program helps people face up to their own poor choices and deal with what they can do something about. We cannot control all that happens to us, but we can control how we respond to everything.
- Emphasizes Spiritual Commitment to Jesus Christ. Lasting recovery cannot happen without making a total surrender of our lives to Christ.
- Utilizes the Biblical Truth the we need each other in order to grow spiritually and emotionally. It is build around small group interaction and the fellowship of a caring community. We need each other.
- Addresses all Types of Habits, Hurts and Hang-Ups. Celebrate Recovery is a “large umbrella” program under which a limitless number of issues can be dealt with.
- A Leadership Factory. Celebrate Recovery produces a continuous stream of people moving into ministry after they’ve found recovery in Christ.
Things We ARE
- A safe place to share
- A refuge
- A placed of belonging
- A place to care for others and be cared for
- A place where respect is given to each member
- A place where confidentiality is highly regarded
- A place to learn
- A place to become strong again
- A place to take off your mask
Things We Are NOT
- A place for selfish control
- A place for therapy
- A place for secrets
- A place to look for dating relationships
- A place to rescue or be rescued by others
- A place for perfection
- A place to judge others
- A quick fix
The purpose of Cornerstone Church’s Celebrate Recovery is to fellowship and celebrate God’s healing power in our lives. We open the door by sharing our experiences, strengths and hopes with one another. In addition, we become willing to accept God’s grace in solving our lives’ problems.
As we work and apply biblical principles, we begin to grow spiritually. We become free from our unhealthy behaviours.
This freedom creates peace, joy, and most importantly, a strong personal relationship with God and others.
As we progress through the program we discover our personal, loving and forgiving Hight Power – Jesus Christ.